- About WAMSG
- High-risk drugs
- High-risk settings
- Annual Medication Safety Symposium
- Terms of Reference [PDF 352KB]
- Members of WAMSG
The Western Australian Medication Safety Group (WAMSG) was established in 2003 to focus on minimising patient harm from medication errors. The WAMSG reports to the Western Australian Therapeutic Advisory Group (WATAG). In 2013 WATAG and WAMSG became part of the Department for Health.
The group provides independent advice on practices related to medication safety to health services in Western Australia. The current focus supports the National Safety and Quality Health Services Standards (NSQHSS) which came into effect in 2011.
- Provides expert advice on preventative strategies and safe use of medicines in health service delivery.
- Facilitates communication on medication safety between stakeholders.
- Coordinates the promotion and evaluation of medication safety in the health care system of Western Australia.
- Assists with coordinating the implementation of national and state-wide directivesrelated to medication safety.
- Reviews and provides recommendations on guidelines related to the medication safety.
The documents for download on this website are in a Portable Document Format (PDF). To read these files you might need to download Adobe® Acrobat Reader.